|Although BGF’s own trees are not yet mature for felling, a pilot sawmill is in the planning process, for execution in 2020. It will work with trees bought from the small-holder farmers from the surroundings, and provide useful insights.
- BGF will learn about sawmilling & processing timber.
- BGF will understand the regulatory environment regarding tree harvesting & transporting & processing; and the relevant authorities will understand BGF.
- The farmers will receive a fair price for their trees and value them more, to the point of planting more of them & giving them adequate care in growing to maturity.
- BGF will have a stock of properly seasoned timber that will be used for commercial production.
- The sawmill will be built at Kamburu dam, on the site of our regional field office.
The sawmill will be built at Kamburu dam, on the site of our regional field office.
SAWMILL PROGRAMME GALLERY
sawmill Programme Gallery 1
sawmill Programme Gallery 2
sawmill Programme Gallery 3
sawmill Programme Gallery 4
sawmill Programme Gallery 5