SAWMILL AND VALUE ADDING PROGRAMME
Although Better Globe Forestry 's own trees are not yet mature for felling, a pilot sawmill is in the planning process, for execution in 2020. It will work with trees bought from the small-holder farmers from the surroundings, and provide useful insights.
- Better Globe Forestry will learn about sawmilling & processing timber.
- Better Globe Forestry will understand the regulatory environment regarding tree harvesting & transporting & processing; and the relevant authorities will understand Better Globe Forestry .
- The farmers will receive a fair price for their trees and value them more, to the point of planting more of them & giving them adequate care in growing to maturity.
- Better Globe Forestry will have a stock of properly seasoned timber that will be used for commercial production.
- The sawmill will be built at Kamburu dam, on the site of our regional field office.
The sawmill will be built at Kamburu dam, on the site of our regional field office.